Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jerry's Story

One day, about three years ago, my dad did something really special for me. He told me that he had to work that Saturday, so I wasn't expecting to be woken up so early. But he did wake me up at 6:30 in the morning.

"Why are you waking me up, dad?" I asked.

"I wanna show you something," he said.

He then took me to the garage and showed me some fishing rods. We put them in the car and drove to Oshawa Creek, an amazing river.

The second we got to this pool, there were about a million humungous salmon just sitting there, waiting to be caught.

So I grabbed my rod and cast it out. The row bag was just sitting there, floating along the water. Suddenly, a big salmon just grabbed it and took off. My line started screaming ZZZZZZZSSSSSSSS! The salmon was taking it all the way down the river. I didn't know what to do. It was so strong I actually had to run after the fish in the river. I reached in, picked it up, and it was a beautiful, thirty-pound salmon.

I was so proud of myself.

It was about ten-o-clock at the time. We kept on fishing 'til about one. We must have caught about 200 pounds of fish that day. But, don't worry, we let them go.

I looked at my dad and he asked me, "So Jerry, do you like salmon fishing?

I said, "Dad, that was the best day ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment