Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Reading Scrapbook begins today


What is the goal of My Reading Scrapbook? Reading is about thinking. Your goal is to share the deep thinking you have done in your scrapbook.


Why Use My Reading Scrapbook? The Reading Scrapbook is designed so that everyone can read differently and communicate their thinking differently.

What am I allowed to read? You are allowed to read any text(s) that are not too easy and not too hard for you. These include novels, news, blogs, articles, short stories, poetry, etc.

How much must I read? You must read for at least 30 minutes a day. There needs to be evidence of this in your scrapbook. Date all scrapbook entries.

What should I use as my scrapbook? You can use Sketchbook Pro, your own note/sketchbook, or another idea you might have.

What should I put in my scrapbook?
  • Pictures
  • Writing
  • Drawings
  • Anything that helps you remember and tell others what you were thinking
How will I be assessed and evaluated?
We will meet at least once a week to discuss your progress and thinking. In June, you will hand in your Scrapbook for evaluation as a whole. Here is the rubric.

No comments:

Post a Comment