Sunday, January 8, 2012

Novel Pecha Kucha Project


Now that you've read your novel, you will plan, design, create, and present a Pecha Kucha about it.

What is a Pecha Kucha? Pecha Kucha means 'chit-chat' in Japanese. It is a very simple idea: 20 slides of 20 seconds each. That means each Pecha Kucha is (usually) 6 minutes and 40 seconds. It's a presentation format which makes you focus on being concise and interesting, not long and boring. It also relies heavily on using images effectively.

What is the point of it? To inspire your audience, make them think deeply about something.

Do I do it in partners or by myself? You will present yourself.

Do I have to present in front of my class? Yes.

Where do I get the images from? You can create them yourself or use ones from Creative Commons.

What will we use for the presentation? You will create a Google Presentation in your Google Docs.

What's the most important thing about my Pecha Kucha? That people do not forget it.

What should it be about? It should be about your book and what it made you think deeply about. Here are some possibilities:

  • Why my book was so awesome
  • Why it was the worst book I've ever read
  • What I learned about life from reading this book
  • A summary of my book
  • My thoughts while reading this book
  • All about the characters in my book
  • Images that run through my head while reading
  • Speaking in role as a character
I have other ideas? Should I use them? Of course you should.

I want to see some examples of Pecha Kuchas. Where can I find them? Go here.

All Pecha Kucha will be presented starting the week of January 30:)


REMEMBER TO KEEP THE URL OF EVERY CC LICENSED IMAGE YOU USE.

24 comments:

  1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonrphotography/2885155839/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. http://www.flickr.com/photos/locosteve/4411982306/

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.flickr.com/photos/42458391@N04/3916215654/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nostri-imago/4428688046/



    :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.flickr.com/photos/89633559@N00/5516418759/lightbox/

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.flickr.com/photos/face_it/5665816580

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.flickr.com/photos/arkf/4726430856/

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://www.flickr.com/photos/47611288@N00/3222971810/

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=active&tbo=d&biw=1024&bih=672&site=images&tbs=sur:fc&tbm=isch&oq=Zombies+&aq=f&aqi=g10&gs_upl=7653l10082l0l12744l11l11l0l0l0l5l282l2037l0.5.5l10l0&q=Zombies

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lrargerich/2408114709/

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bossbob50/5155051504/

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://www.fotopedia.com/items/flickr-1714477662/slideshow

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://www.flickr.com/photos/docjfw/2886846077/

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://www.flickr.com/photos/erix/6351140076/

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://www.flickr.com/photos/desiitaly/2105224119/

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://www.flickr.com/photos/shinnysmileylife/5866343195/sizes/m/in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/acednetwork/5394472858/sizes/m/in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gutoffline/5680755687
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zi1217/5502115182/sizes/m/in/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zi1217/5501521989/sizes/m/in/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zi1217/5501522201/sizes/m/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete
  18. http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=knowing&hl=en&gbv=2&biw=1441&bih=597&tbm=isch&tbnid=yL7WHscA6s4ybM:&imgrefurl=http://www.freefallselfimprovement.com/accessing-your-knowing-2/&docid=oKlZG5Pfni_1QM&imgurl=http://www.freefallselfimprovement.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/knowing.jpg&w=328&h=326&ei=g5UUT7nYKsrq0gHX5LzsAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=826&vpy=158&dur=7504&hovh=224&hovw=225&tx=60&ty=112&sig=110095609172874851640&page=1&tbnh=114&tbnw=107&start=0&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0

    ReplyDelete
  19. http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=addicting+book&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1R2SKPT_enCA409&biw=1441&bih=597&tbm=isch&tbnid=PWPC5MSXAL06rM:&imgrefurl=http://windsock.typepad.com/windsock/books/&docid=SPDaliqgYH_ZuM&imgurl=http://windsock.typepad.com/.a/6a00e3981f18dc8833010535fb8656970b-320wi&w=320&h=479&ei=OZYUT5i9KYfb0QGYuqCjAw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=140&sig=110095609172874851640&page=1&tbnh=128&tbnw=86&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=39&ty=49

    ReplyDelete
  20. http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=back+of+the+book+catching+fire&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1R2SKPT_enCA409&biw=1441&bih=597&tbm=isch&tbnid=BCjmi09CkTM90M:&imgrefurl=http://www.hggirlonfire.com/category/books/catching-fire/&docid=jzFa0Hs39yFY9M&imgurl=http://www.hggirlonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/uk-back-covers.jpg&w=1944&h=1296&ei=lJYUT439CMrw0gG1_NGGAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=430&vpy=148&dur=172&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=191&ty=58&sig=110095609172874851640&page=1&tbnh=127&tbnw=147&start=0&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=pittacus+lore+picture&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1R2SKPT_enCA409&biw=1441&bih=597&tbm=isch&tbnid=kdzCwtvlRD_NxM:&imgrefurl=http://iamnumberfourfans.com/pittacus-lore/&docid=8t40ng6F4Z4oWM&imgurl=http://iamnumberfourfans.com/wp-content/themes/im4/i/pittacuslore-waterimg.jpg&w=301&h=433&ei=DJgUT_CqKYTv0gH42uSsAw&zoom=1

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i know right. can't u just share a doc with mister Lee with the links???? can we do that???

    ReplyDelete